Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The end is near!

Just wanted to post an update - Steam Lords the campaign is not over, but it is coming to a close in the next few months. I've been reading some of the comments from folks, and wanted to say a quick thanks to those who have been following our "exploits" here on the web. My apologies for not keeping this site up. When I started working on my dissertation (about steampunk), I utilized the game as a thought experiment. In December of 2008, I started a blog called Steampunk Scholar, and that's been my blogging focus ever since. For those of you who were wanting to know more about our game in a more codified fashion, please note that I'll be posting on "How to steampunk your RPG" at the Steampunk Scholar site. The posts will be summary and reiteration of many of the posts from this blog. The posts will also contain observations I've made about the steampunk aesthetic, as observed by the thought experiment this game proved to be. Please come and check it out, starting this Friday, February 12. Thanks again for coming by and enjoying the portion of the ride we shared with all of you.

2 comments:

Mike McLaren said...

Damn shame. I just found this web site. It's a good one.

Mike Perschon said...

Thanks Annotated Margins, but I'll be carrying the torch over at Steampunk Scholar, with a series of posts that really pull the loose information here together.

I'm going to be hanging up my DM hat for awhile - I finally found some other folks who DM (currently among my PCs) who are going to let me play for awhile - I've DMed for over 25 years, without ever solely being a PC. So I'm excited, even if it means the end of this campaign (which has been awesome!)